Sunday, December 12, 2010

oh can’t you see what our love has done, what it's doing to me










photos by David Mok
(7 For All Mankind studded jeans, Michael Stars sweater, Zara booties, Topshop chain necklace)

I apologize for the sudden laziness on posts. I've been swamped with finals and internship hunting since thanksgiving and haven't even had much time to breathe. Good news is that I am officially an Internista! for Modernista!, a creative and communications agency here in Boston. Words can't even describe my excitement when I first got my offer, I've been dreaming of working at this company for forever and when I went to their office the other day for my interview, it confirmed that completely. Loft-like setting, sans cubicles, individual unique desk lamps, electric guitars hung across chairs, exactly what I needed. 

These photos were taken way before our NYC trip. I figured that I wouldn't be able to look (or even attempt to look) effortless in this weather so we decided to take it inside instead. Also managed to pick up a few strange objects along the way including a Wilson basketball (courtesy of the boyfriend) and a shisha pipe (hookah?). People always ask me if its weird having my picture taken and I have to say that it does take some getting used to but as long as you're comfortable with the person who's taking the photo, the pictures will reflect that.

I love these jeans because they go well with any kind of occasion, there's always a way to dress them up or down. They come with a good story, as does most of all worthy clothing items. First of all, I absolutely love them. They're studded around the top but not in a tacky way. I purchased them almost exactly a year ago when I flew back home for winter break. Also the time that Cathay Pacific Airlines conveniently decided that it would be whimsical to leave my two suitcases here in America for just a couple of days, no big deal. I had to run to every story in town to stock up on my wardrobe until the safe arrival of my luggage and these were the only pair of jeans that I bought, meaning they are incredibly versatile and can be worn with almost anything ...

Bonus for the day (since I've been skimping on the posts)
U2 'Window in the Skies'
(created by Modernista! in 2006 - amazing right?)



39 comments:

  1. I love your blog and these photos are beautiful. Congrats on the intern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit. Grey and black is a nice combo and tthe basketball completed the set. Thanks for sharing and drop by me too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures there!! you have an amazing photographer!! :D love the second picture particular!! and ps. I'm from hk too :D xxx

    http://theglamorousmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit! so comfy and chic. especially the jeans! 7 for all mankind is the best!
    thanks for dropping by girl! you're a stunner! it's so exciting to find hong kong bloggers!!!
    i'm following!
    x
    thatgirlfromhk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooove your pictures :)
    and your shoes tooooo :)
    amazing ;pp



    http://patroushkasplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just discovered your blog and I love it! These pics are so so amazing, specially the first one! You have a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shoes are so rad and i love ur chain too

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute outfit and lovely photos!:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girlie!! I do live in HK! But unfortunately I'll be in UK in Christmas! When are you gonna be in HK?
    x
    thatgirlfromhk.blogspot.com

    ps. would you like to do a link exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog!! xoxo
    photos are super cute :)
    <3 Jinna

    http://jinna.fulltimefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos!

    check out my holiday gift guide pt. 1 and tell me what you think

    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    (to those of you who haven't visited yet, please follow my blog if you like any of my posts. thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos, your hair looks gorgeous in them




    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, love your whole look!

    Maryjane xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos! You are so pretty. That necklace it great. I want it.

    Check out Runway Rundown!!
    www.runwayrundown.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' your pics..the vibe is sooooo cool and you look awesome!!! Great F21 chain...so rock and roll!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    http://www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. just discovered your blog and we really like it! your outfit is too cute. love the 4th photo of you the most though :] anyway, your blog is great! consider us your newest follower :] hope you'll do the same :D

    we will be back to visit soon!

    xo, camilla & valerie
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your shoes, and I love hookahs! Great post, you are so pretty

    xx

    sftrend

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool outfit! and love the pictures.

    ~ x♥x♥ :)
    claire

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow, you look fantastic - in love with the studs on your jeans x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing photos! NO! You are amazing! I like your blog, if you want, we can follow eachother, write on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. amazing photos!!! i just bumped into your blog and i loooooove it!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice floor ;)) and i love love love the booties!
    AND i have massive hair envy looking at you!! ;)

    londonviennacologne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. casual but very chic, love the boots!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love this outfit!!you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pics!! You look great there!! :)
    xx

    There's a MARC JACOBS giveaway on my blog, if you're interested ;)
    www.ohmyvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the internship! I really love your photos :)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your outfit! Check my blog out sometime :)

    http://fashionbabesfashiondaydream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love those jeans!
    Cool pictures!

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH, you look so stunning! You're absolutely amazing and your blog is so cute. :) I'll defenetively start to following you! :)

    I would be very happy if you'll visit to my blog too! :)<3

    xxx
    menni-isabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. very nice pics, you look great, i love your shoes :)
    xoxo
    DaisyLine

    ReplyDelete
  31. ohhh i love your shoes! And just the photo layouts! good luck with this new year, and yay for U2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. great set of photos :)

    http://ellie-lalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete